….so Trevor and I have been together for quite a bit of time, and I think it is fair to say that we have never had “a song” for the most part, until recently. There are a few reasons why. For one, in my opinion, is because we met for musical reasons. When I met Trevor, he was writing lyrics and he is an incredibly talented writer. His uncanny ability to capture the human emotion that runs under all of our radar is amazing. He wrote a great deal of moving pieces, but in particular I remember one beautiful song (musically) that was (lyrically) insightful with lines such as “…life is lived so unrehearsed.”
Secondly, Trevor and I are both serious music snobs, so the idea that we would find something that accurately captures (thirdly) the uniqueness of our relationship seemed impossible. But recently we have agreed upon this little ditty:
…for a few reasons
1) we were both hipsters enough to admit that the piece that runs on the Gieko commercial wans interesting enough for us to warrant further investigation.
That is right, we don’t care that we discovered it on a car insurance commercial. And we use Allstate. It isn’t even our insurance company. We don’t care.
2) It is an integration of information design, art, and musical video. That is so hot. What is hotter than GREAT info design. Nothing, really.
3) This is a bad-ass jam. Period.
4) The UK connection. We love to travel and can be ex-pats at the drop of the hat
5) emphases on public transportation. I don’t think I have to say more
6) Sweet lyrics that confirm: no matter what you do, those who matter are there and geography has nothing on history or nostalgia.
If you want it to be that way 😉